Startup Founder Applicant
Why Should You Participate in the Community Health Incubator?
As one of the largest and most experienced non-profit leaders in affordable housing, health & human services, VOA offers startup founders unique access to and expertise in underserved community populations.
What Startup Founders Get
- 3 months of coaching and mentorship with industry experts
- Health Equity education and resources
- Collaboration with VOA local offices (Affiliates) and expert staff across the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- Multiple meetings with VOA National decision makers
- Opportunity to pilot & scale business concepts across VOA programs, services and housing that touch over 1.5 million lives per year
- $25,000 unrestricted grant upon acceptance
- Based on performance and feasibility, eligibility for VOA Futures Fund capital investment of up to $200,000
What Startup Founders Must Have
A direct relation with the issue you are seeking to solve.
Ability (or intention) to measure the impact of your product or service to improve the lives of individuals and their communities.
A business model that has been tested with initial beta customers.
A deep curiosity of health inequities & a product or service that may improve the health of underserved populations & communities.
Key leaders attend all Incubator programming. Includes weekly participation of up to 4 hours, with two-hours in Zoom training or coach meetings and two-hours of engagement with the Incubator Director.
- Friday, April 8, 2022: Applications Due
- Monday, May 2, 2022: Notifications Sent
- Week of June 6, 2022: Incubator Begins
- Week of August 26, 2022: Program Concludes
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRRENTLY CLOSED. If you would like to be informed about future application dates, fill out the form below.
- For more information, contact Tiffany Gathers, Senior Manager, Social Impact Development
- Phone: 703-341-5000